STRIDES is looking for talented and driven undergraduate or graduate students with a passion for nonprofit work! This internship is the perfect opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing a career in nonprofit management and/or grant writing. Work with us to get hands-on experience with grant writing, collaborate with an effective and meaningful nonprofit, develop yourself professionally through guided internship activities, and build your network with industry professionals!
Interns are expected to contribute 3 – 5 hours a week over a 16 – 18-week period. This is an unpaid, remote internship, but class credit may be available.
- Identifying grant opportunities that align with STRIDES’ mission
- Drafting grant application materials that are responsive to the organizational purpose
- Responding appropriately to Board and Executive Team input, implementing changes as needed,
and responding positively to feedback and collaborative efforts
- Collaborating with STRIDES’ Board of Directors and Executive Team
- Generating ideas to strategically position STRIDES for future sustainable achievement
Additional program opportunities for interns
- Biweekly touchpoints with Internship Advisor
- 1on1 meetings with Board Members
- External speakers and workshops
- Online training material
- Book review on Nonprofit Leadership
- End-of-Internship presentation to the Board of Directors
If you’re interested in joining the STRIDES team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!